Yisrael Kristal, Holocaust survivor who was recognized as the oldest man in the world, dies at 113.
- 26 November, 2017 Holocaust survivor, 102, meets nephew he never knew he had Eliahu Pietruszka thought his brother, Volf, who was the visitor’s father, had died in a labor camp after losing contact with him following the murder of their brother and parents in the Holocaust
- 11 August, 2017 World’s oldest man, Auschwitz survivor Yisrael Kristal, dies at 113 Kristal, recognized as the oldest man in the world by the Guinness World Records, celebrated his bar mitzvah last year, a century late
- 16 January, 2014 Ministry cancels funding for Holocaust event after learning that survivors would be charged entry fee After Ynet breaks story that Ramat Gan municipality intends to charge Holocaust survivors, Senior Citizen Ministry cancels funding for event
- 11 August, 2017 World’s oldest man, Auschwitz survivor Yisrael Kristal dies Polish-born Yisrael Kristal survived two World Wars and Nazi camps before immigrating to Israel.
- 29 January, 2018 ‘Terror victim’s town will get full state recognition’ Defense Minister promises government will recognize Samaria outpost in which terror victim Rabbi Shevach lived.