Residents of al-Walaja say demolition orders on the rise, accuse Israel police of collective punishment in East Jerusalem
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 1 November, 2016 ISIS’ secret rulebook: Beards, concubines and satellites Documents obtained by Iraqi forces in villages re-captured from ISIS provide insight into the system of rules and punishments imposed by the extremist group.
- 1 July, 2017 Dutch protest Israeli seizure of Palestinian solar panels they funded in West Bank Netherlands' Foreign Ministry requested Israel return equipment it confiscated, valued at over 40,000 euro; Israel failed to hand out demolition orders in advance
- 27 June, 2017 Saudi Arabia fuels regional tensions with demolitions of historic Shi’ite homes The destruction has sparked shootouts in the streets between Saudi security forces and Shi'ite gunmen and stoked sectarian tensions that resonate around the region