Using the genome editing technology CRISPR, researchers have developed piglets they think one day could harbor human organs.
- 15 February, 2017 Harvard, MIT research institute holds on to gene-editing patent rights The Broad Institute, a biological and genomic research centre affiliated with MIT and Harvard, will keep valuable patents on a revolutionary gene-editing technology known as CRISPR, a U.S. patent agency ruled on Wednesday. The U.S. Patent and Trademar...
- 15 November, 2017 Scientists Have Made Their First Attempt at Gene Editing Inside a Human Patient The trailblazing operation will cut the DNA, open it up, insert a gene and then stitch it back together
- 27 June, 2017 Katherine The Great White Shark Has Been Spotted Again Scientists saw the great white shark making its way off the coast of Virginia. The species isnâ€™t out to attack humans on purpose â€” but may take a bite just to see how they rate as food.
- 27 July, 2017 Scientists in Oregon take first step towards ‘designer babies’ by editing human embryo DNA The topic of editing human DNA is one that has led to heated debate within the scientific, research, and medical communities for some time now. The technology exists, but what are the ethical and moral implications of meddling with the very fabric of what makes us who we are? Those […]
- 4 October, 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry Awarded to Three Scientists For Developments in Electron Microscopy Three researchers based in the U.S., U.K. and Switzerland have won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developments in electron microscopy.