300 Syrian rebels and 3,000 refugees were slated to return to Syria as part of refugee exchange deal with Hezbollah
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 31 July, 2017 Thousands of militants to be transferred into Syrian rebel territory in Hezbollah deal Approximately 9,000 Islamic militants and their families in Lebanon's Arsal border region are to be transported to rebel-held zones in Syria in exchange for the release of eight Hezbollah militants
- 27 November, 2017 After Egypt Mosque massacre, 40 defense ministers pledge support for Saudi-led Muslim military alliance Top defense officials from 40 Muslim-majority nation's met in Riyadh on Sunday to reaffirm their military alliance in the face of Egypt's deadliest terror attack in its modern history