To Israel’s delight, Cairo’s involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 19 June, 2017 Iran’s missile launch and U.S. downing a Syrian jet – explained Iran's missile fire toward Syria targets is a show of strength and a message to U.S., Russia and Israel
- 2 February, 2017 Thanks to veteran goalkeeper, Egypt reaches African Nations Cup final At 44, goalie Essam El Hadary is the oldest player to compete at a major championship.
- 7 July, 2017 Gaza crisis leaves Hamas no choice but to play by Egypt’s rules Closer relations between Cairo and the Strip would ease the pressure of the energy crisis, but the risks for Israel are clear