Polish-born Yisrael Kristal survived two World Wars and Nazi camps before immigrating to Israel.
- 11 August, 2017 World’s oldest man, Auschwitz survivor Yisrael Kristal, dies at 113 Kristal, recognized as the oldest man in the world by the Guinness World Records, celebrated his bar mitzvah last year, a century late
- 26 November, 2017 Holocaust survivor, 102, meets nephew he never knew he had Eliahu Pietruszka thought his brother, Volf, who was the visitor’s father, had died in a labor camp after losing contact with him following the murder of their brother and parents in the Holocaust
- 15 November, 2017 Ruth Bondy, Israeli journalist and Holocaust survivor, dies at 94 Bondy, who survived Auschwitz, immigrated to Israeli in 1948 and worked in journalism for over three decades, winning the Sokolov Award in journalism
- 27 January, 2015 Elderly Auschwitz survivors urge world never to forget For what may be the last time, elderly Holocaust survivors returned to the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp 70 years after its liberation Tuesday, to urge the world never to forget one of history's worst atrocities. Around 300 survivors, some wearing scarves in the blue-and-white […]
- 15 December, 2017 Polish Holocaust survivor who escaped Auschwitz dies aged 98 Polish Holocaust survivor Kazimierz Piechowski, who spectacularly escaped Auschwitz by stealing the car of a Nazi SS officer, died on Friday aged 98, the state Institute for National Remembrance (INR) said. Piechowski, who became prisoner number 918 w...