Polish-born Yisrael Kristal survived two World Wars and Nazi camps before immigrating to Israel.
- 11 August, 2017 World’s oldest man, Auschwitz survivor Yisrael Kristal, dies at 113 Kristal, recognized as the oldest man in the world by the Guinness World Records, celebrated his bar mitzvah last year, a century late
- 27 January, 2015 Elderly Auschwitz survivors urge world never to forget For what may be the last time, elderly Holocaust survivors returned to the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp 70 years after its liberation Tuesday, to urge the world never to forget one of history's worst atrocities. Around 300 survivors, some wearing scarves in the blue-and-white […]
- 26 January, 2015 Survivors visit Auschwitz on eve of 70th anniversary of camp liberation With some returning for first time, survivors from around the world arrive at former extermination camp to pay homage to their relatives and the millions of other Jews murdered by Nazis.
- 11 August, 2017 Oldest man in the world dies in Haifa Yisrael Kristal, Holocaust survivor who was recognized as the oldest man in the world, dies at 113.
- 27 January, 2015 On Auschwitz anniversary, leader warns Jews again targets BRZEZINKA, Poland (AP) — A Jewish leader stood before 300 survivors of the Nazis' most notorious death camp on Tuesday and asked world leaders to prevent another Auschwitz, warning of a rise of anti-Semitism that has made many Jews fearful of walking the streets, and is causing […]