Netanyahu announces Israel also withdrawing from UN body after US plans exit following series of anti-Israel UNESCO resolutions.
- 30 October, 2013 Knesset speaker boycotts Hollande’s Israel visit Yuli Edelstein orders cancelation of French president's visit to Knesset after latter decides withdraws plan to address plenum in favor of other venue
- 25 September, 2013 Kerry: Israel, Palestinian agree to intensify peace talks US State Secretary John Kerry announces that Netanyahu, Abbas agreed to intensify negotiations, increase American participation in talks
- 8 November, 2013 US, Israel lose UNESCO voting right in dispute US automatically loses voting right after missing deadline to repay debt to world's cultural agency; both Israel and US suspended funding in 2011 after UNESCO accepted Palestine as member
- 12 October, 2017 After U.S., Netanyahu orders diplomats to start preparing for Israel’s departure from UNESCO Netanyahu welcomes Trump's decision to withdraw from UNESCO as 'brave and moral decision', saying: 'UNESCO has become a theater of absurd'
- 18 October, 2016 UNESCO won’t hold new vote on contentious Jerusalem resolution after Mexico withdraws request After announcing its intention to trigger a special clause allowing them to demand a new vote, Mexico instead opted to issue a statement, echoed by Brazil, on its changed position on the Temple Mount resolution.