Palestinians across the political spectrum share celebratory words of hope, skepticism and plenty of kissy emojis
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 1 October, 2017 ‘Reconciliation is just a lie’: Skepticism in Gaza at yet another attempt at Palestinian unity Ordinary Gazans have paid the price for the brinkmanship between Hamas and Fatah. They don't see that changing
- 11 October, 2017 For Israel, Palestinian reconciliation is risky, but also an opportunity Israeli officials believe the Palestinian parties may ultimately agree only on a limited reconciliation, as the sticking point in the negotiations is the future of Hamas' weapons in the Gaza