Since it became the first UN body to grant Palestinians full membership in 2011, UNESCO’s relationship with Israel and the U.S. has been rife with controversy
- 12 July, 2017 The IDF wanted to investigate a key moment in the Gaza war. Netanyahu said no Massive firepower was used on 'Black Friday' in 2014, when the Israeli army killed dozens of Palestinians trying to prevent the abduction of a soldier
- 18 July, 2017 Israel’s criteria for granting Darfuri asylum seekers residency revealed Israel to grant residency only to Darfuris aged 45 and older who arrived in Israel no later than October 2011
- 13 September, 2017 Palestinian Authority backtracks on attempt to gain membership in UN tourism body Senior Israeli officials note the Palestinian pulled their initiative to join the UN's tourism agency due to American pressure stemming from Abbas' promise to Kushner and Greenblatt
- 21 October, 2016 Amid UNESCO flap, Israel will sponsor rightist NGO’s Temple Mount project Netanyahu calls decision 'crushing response' to what he calls UN body's attempt to deny Israel's Jewish history.
- 28 December, 2016 Abbas to Kerry: Ready to resume talks with Israel the moment settlement construction is frozen The Palestinian president followed Kerry's speech 'with great interest,' PLO Secretary-General Saeb Erekat says.