U.S. mission in Turkey reduces visa services following arrest of consulate employee. Turkey retaliates with the same move.
- 8 October, 2017 Diplomatic tensions escalate: U.S. and Turkey suspend bilateral non-immigrant visa services Last week, a U.S. consulate employee in Istanbul was arrested on charges of links to a cleric blamed for last year's failed coup
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 8 October, 2017 US and Turkey suspend bilateral non-immigrant visa services ISTANBUL (AP) — The U.S. said Sunday it was suspending non-immigrant visa services at its diplomatic facilities in Turkey following the arrest of a consulate employee, prompting Turkey to halt visa services in the U.S.
- 9 October, 2017 US partially suspends visa services in Turkey following diplomatic row The US has announced it is reducing visa services at its diplomatic facilities in Turkey for security reasons after one of its employees was detained at the Turkish consulate. Turkish authorities last week arrested a US Consulate employee of Turkish n...
- 9 October, 2017 Turkey wants US to review decision to halt visa services ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's justice minister on Monday said he hoped the United States would review its decision to suspend most visa services for Turkish citizens following the arrest of a U.S. consulate employee in Istanbul that has deepened tensions between the two NATO allies.