As Netanyahu arrives to seal the cracks in the two countries’ burgeoning relations, here’s a closer look at the vibrant Jewish communities both in India and around the world
- 9 July, 2017 The story of Senegal’s hated, reclusive ‘Jewish’ community Portuguese navigators documenting their voyages around Africa's shores in the 15th century actually reveal how the Europeans saw the world – and the Jews
- 8 July, 2017 A visit to Auschwitz, with a pit stop in Monaco: Russian Jews find love on Chabad-sponsored trips About 1,000 young Russians who attend Jewish studies in Chabad clubs were rewarded with a week-long European tour. As well as visiting tourist sites and learning more about Judaism, several even came back engaged
- 31 October, 2016 After decades of Holocaust legends, ultra-Orthodox community confronts the dark facts Esther Farbstein is the leading Haredi scholar on the Shoah, shining a much-needed light on the struggles of observant Jews during WWII. But she worries that the Holocaust has become too big a part of modern Jewish identity.
- 14 October, 2017 Jewish population in Ireland rises by 30%, much to surprise of local community Emerald Isle now boasts its highest number of Jews since 1971, thanks to influx of young professionals working with U.S. high-tech firms
- 30 November, 2016 Vienna is trying to get its Jews back – will it succeed, with the far right on the rise? Norbert Hofer, running for Austria's president, has tried to garner Jewish votes but is known to believe in Nazism-tainted pan-Germanism. Should he win next week, the revival of the capital's Jewish community may be at risk and Europe's xenophobic elem...