Holding two million people hostage is not the way to fight Hamas, and the suffering only nurtures more rage and militancy.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 9 April, 2018 The source of Gaza’s woes As long as Hamas continues to rule in the Strip, there will be no relief for the population there and no respite for Israel
- 27 March, 2011 Abbas says no peace without Palestinian prisoners released ... Israel holds some 7,000 Palestinians in 25 jails and detention facilities. In Gaza, the Hamas movement, rival of Abbas' Fatah party, holds an Israeli soldier hostage since June 2006. The Islamic movement says it ...
- 4 February, 2010 Gaza Strip: Fatah Leader Arrives for Talks A senior Fatah leader returned to Gaza for the first time since the territory was seized by the Islamic militant group Hamas in 2007, saying he hoped to help end the rift between the two rivals.
- 29 May, 2009 Misery Hangs Over Gaza Despite Pledges of Help Lately cut off from any productivity or hope, Gaza will soon be back at the center of Mideast peace negotiations.