Gadi Eisenkot echoes warnings from other senior army officers, presenting the cabinet with a number of possible scenarios that a deteriorating situation in Gaza could cause
- 5 April, 2018 The cold calculation behind the Israeli army’s sniper fire on the Gaza border The politicians instructed the military to prevent a breach of the fence, but it’s doubtful that they held detailed discussions about the means to achieve this
- 25 February, 2018 Israeli army’s chief rabbi: No man will be forced to serve with women in the army Rabbi Eyal Karim says every co-ed assignment would be approved by him, adds that 'every combat soldier is a soldier in the wars of God'
- 5 February, 2018 ‘There’s no humanitarian crisis’ in Gaza, Israeli defense minister says, contradicting army No rehabilitation of Gaza without demilitarization, Lieberman says, despite warnings from defense officials
- 20 May, 2018 Two years on the job, Israel’s defense minister lacks knowledge, training and influence Since his appointment, Lieberman is seen as a calm and restrained minister. But officials speak of disputes with the IDF and all-round dysfunction: 'He's almost transparent in the cabinet,' one senior political source says
- 30 March, 2018 Despite faults, Iran nuclear deal works, Israeli Military Chief tells Haaretz The entire Middle-East is a tinderbox, says Gadi Eiskenkot, especially the Palestinians. 'We are going to face big challenges' during Israel's 70th independence day celebrations