A standoff between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority is ravaging Gaza’s economy, pushing it to the verge of collapse, and escalating the risk of a violent confrontation with Israel.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 23 May, 2015 Gaza Strip Economy on ‘Verge of Collapse’ World Bank Says A report pointed to problems caused by the war with Israel last summer and border restrictions, and said unemployment was the highest in the world.
- 21 January, 2018 Israeli president warns that Gazan infrastructure is on verge of collapse, blames Hamas Reuven Rivlin says many residents in Gaza Strip will be left without sanitary conditions and clean drinking water, rejects accusations that Israel is responsible for situation
- 6 January, 2011 ‘Israel aimed to keep Gaza economy on brink of collapse’ ... Arditi said in July 2007 that the goal of the blockade was to damage Hamas economic position in Gaza and buy time for an increase in Fatah support, according to anther US diplomatic cable released to Aftenposten. ...
- 31 August, 2011 Gazans Celebrate Eid With Sorrow ... as a result of the salary crises in the two divided Palestinian governments of Hamas in Gaza and Fatah in the West Bank. Stricken by the hard-hitting financial crisis, employees in the Palestinian ...