Air India announced that they will offer new, faster direct flights between Tel Aviv and New Delhi by flying directly over Saudi airspace
- 23 March, 2018 First Air India flight arrives at Ben-Gurion Airport Air India launches direct route between Tel Aviv and New Delhi which flies over Saudi Arabia.
- 7 March, 2018 Air India confirms: Flights to Tel Aviv over Saudi Arabia For the first time, Saudi Arabia allows direct flights to and from Israel over its territory, shaving hours off flight time.
- 16 March, 2018 Air India to fly over Saudi airspace to Israel India's state-run carrier says its flights over Saudi airspace to Tel Aviv will begin March 22.
- 22 March, 2018 Making history, first flight to Israel overflying Saudi Arabia lands in Tel Aviv Taking off from New Delhi, Air India completes maiden flight ■ Israel’s El Al airlines also hopes to be allowed to fly through Saudi airspace, and has been vying for such permission despite the lack of diplomatic relations with Riyadh
- 25 March, 2018 Netanyahu suggests ‘huge’ developments to follow direct flights to Israel over Saudi Arabia An Air India flight last week made history as the first one to fly to Israel over Saudi Arabia, even though the Saudis have no diplomatic relations with Israel