Lava from volcano is threatening a geothermal power plant supplying 25 percent of island’s electricity, majority-owned by Israeli company.
- 28 May, 2018 Lava From Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Has Reached a Geothermal Power Plant Lava reached the property overnight and was within 200 yards of the nearest well
- 4 May, 2018 Kilauea volcano erupts on Hawaii's Big Island A lava flow in Hawaii has entered the property of a geothermal power plant on the Big island.
- 23 May, 2018 Lava flow torches warehouse at Hawaii geothermal plant By Jolyn Rosa HONOLULU (Reuters) - A new lava flow from Hawaii's erupting Kilauea volcano edged towards a geothermal power plant on Tuesday after destroying a warehouse at the facility, after the volcano entered a more violent phase at the weekend. W...
- 28 May, 2018 Lava covers plugged well at Hawaii geothermal plant property HONOLULU (AP) — Lava from the Kilauea volcano covered at least one well Sunday at a geothermal power plant on the Big Island, according to a Hawaii County Civil Defense report.
- 23 May, 2018 Hawaii volcano latest: Molten lava flows onto power plant site amid fears over deadly gases Molten lava from Hawaii’s erupting Kilauea volcano crept onto the site of geothermal power plant as workers raced to shut down facilities, amid fears that deadly gases could be released. Crews worked to cap underground wells at the plant, which provid...