Eli Avivi led the micronation of Achzivland and was one of its two residents for nearly 50 years.
- 5 May, 2018 Kentucky Derby disqualified its winner for first time 50 years ago In 1968, a drug test led officials to controversially disqualify Kentucky Derby winner Dancer's Image.
- 5 July, 2017 Eilat celebrates as ‘oil beach’ restored to public use For the first time in 50 years, Israel's residents and tourists have access to 300 meters of Eilat coastline.
- 15 April, 2018 9 years later, Eli resident’s suicide reclassified as terrorism Yaron Gispin found dead in 2009 near his Samaria home. After long battle, Defense Ministry admits his death was from terror, not suicide.
- 8 December, 2017 The faces of 50 years of occupation 50 images of Palestinians born in 1967 are on display in a new exhibition in Jaffa. The project’s photographers included Israelis and Palestinians, which led to some fascinating encounters
- 9 February, 2018 Jill Messick, Producer and Former Manager of Rose McGowan, Dies by Suicide The veteran film producer and studio executive was 50 years old