‘Beard exemption’ for 50 religious soldiers denied, after having been issued without problems for past year-and-a-half. ‘What changed?’
- 14 December, 2016 Haredi soldier deserts over order to shave beard A haredi soldier was jailed for leaving his base after his exemption to keep his beard was revoked against the base rabbi's recommendation.
- 28 August, 2017 ‘I’ve got a serious problem with haredi Jews’ Left-wing demonstrator who mocked religious Jew, demanded he shave beard and remove kippah doubles down on comments. 'I won't apologize.'
- 29 March, 2018 IDF to force religious soldiers to shave during Sefirat Ha’omer? An advocacy group for observant IDF soldiers charges that the military is reluctant to hand out shaving exemptions to traditional soldiers.
- 18 July, 2013 Soldier, want to grow a beard? Talk to your military rabbi Kfir Brigade commander has had it with soldiers using religion to gain exemptions from shaving, while in actuality, they live secular lives. He has issued largescale cancellation of exemptions; from now on, soldiers wanting a beard must first be interv...
- 3 November, 2016 Haredi girl jailed over bureaucratic error Haredi teenager arrested for allegedly draft dodging after problems with religious exemption forms lead to clerical error.