Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons says deadly sarin and chlorine were used in two separate attacks in Syria.
- 28 February, 2018 Chemical weapons watchdog investigating attacks in Syria Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons investigating alleged chlorine gas attacks in the Syrian region of Eastern Ghouta.
- 16 April, 2018 Inspectors launch probe into Syria chemical attack Experts from Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons launch probe into last week's attack in Douma.
- 18 November, 2016 OPCW probing over 20 reports of Syria chemical attacks Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons believes ISIS may have manufactured mustard gas used in Syria and Iraq.
- 21 March, 2013 Obama skeptical of Assad claim on chemical weapons JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday that the United States is investigating whether chemical weapons have been deployed in Syria, but he's "deeply skeptical" of claims by Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime that rebel forces were behind such an attack.
- 26 April, 2013 Cameron says Britain won’t send troops to Syria British PM says growing evidence of use of chemical weapons 'extremely serious', backs Obama on forming 'red line' but suggests response would likely be political rather than military