The extension is a move that is repeated yearly. ‘It’s about time we matured a bit as a state,’ MK Avi Dichter says
- 11 March, 2018 As Israel approaches snap elections, Netanyahu allies decry ‘crisis of his own making’ Senior coalition figures tell Haaretz that Netanyahu is behaving 'like a commentator' and 'not making an effort' to solve the crisis threatening to bring down his government
- 24 January, 2018 Israeli lawmakers say police misled them about controversial Stop and Frisk Law A Knesset committee has refused to extend the use of the law, which MKs claim was rarely used as intended
- 4 June, 2018 Knesset council bans bill to define Israel as state for all its citizens In unusual move, bill disqualified before being discussed on Knesset floor because it 'seeks to deny Israel’s existence as the state of the Jewish people'
- 7 March, 2018 Israel passes law allowing it to revoke permanent residency of East Jerusalem Palestinians The state can deport anyone whose residency status is withdrawn ■ Israeli Arab MK says bill is part of effort 'to empty East Jerusalem of Palestinians'
- 7 May, 2018 Destroying democracy This bill would end the era of human rights in Israel and move the country into an era with a question mark over democracy