Soldiers enter the rebel-held part of Deraa, the city where the anti-Assad revolt began.
- 20 October, 2017 Why FBI Is Probing Attack on U.S. Soldiers in Africa Lawmakers, including John McCain, have criticized the Trump administration for not revealing details about the mission or the killings.
- 19 February, 2018 Turkey warns Syria: Ready to battle regime forces if they defend Kurds In response to Syrian report of government forces entering Afrin 'within hours' to support Kurdish militia, Turkish Foreign Minister promises Turkey cannot be stopped
- 7 February, 2012 Assad’s wife ‘defends’ Syria crackdown The British-born wife of Syria's president has spoken in support of her husband for the first time since the 11-month uprising against his regime began, a British newspaper reported Tuesday.
- 11 May, 2018 Iran deal exit: With Netanyahu’s backing, Trump sought to shatter Obama’s legacy The question now is if one-crisis city Washington has the inability to carry out long-term planning ■ Meanwhile, the IDF's blow to Iran in Syria was severe. But Israel mustn't become overconfident
- 18 May, 2011 Libya releases four journalists The Libyan government says it has freed four foreign journalists detained for illegally entering the country, amid the uprising by rebels.