Reduction in imports and exports reflects Israel’s frustration. If Egypt also places restrictions, Hamas will have to choose between deliberate escalation and serious talks
- 9 April, 2018 The source of Gaza’s woes As long as Hamas continues to rule in the Strip, there will be no relief for the population there and no respite for Israel
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 7 August, 2018 Methods to remove Israeli blockade were center of Gaza talks, Hamas chief says Hamas delegation in Egypt to continue talks on inner-Palestinian reconciliation and the emerging deal with Israel ■ Haniyeh: 'We can handle' the 'dangerous plot against the Palestinian people if we unite'
- 4 September, 2018 Hamas chief in Gaza lowers tensions but says there’s still no draft for Israel cease-fire deal Yahya Sinwar says Gazans will be protesting less at the border fence as a way to help diplomacy lift the Gaza blockade
- 23 May, 2018 Israeli military strikes Hamas tunnel, boats in Gaza Strikes come in response to Palestinians crossing into Israel from Gaza, setting fire to an empty outpost ■ Palestinians report two targeted boats were due to depart from the port in an attempt to break blockade on Strip