The new restrictions are aimed at forcing Hamas to crack down on kites and balloons that have caused hundreds of fires in Israel.
- 9 April, 2018 The source of Gaza’s woes As long as Hamas continues to rule in the Strip, there will be no relief for the population there and no respite for Israel
- 27 June, 2018 IDF strikes ‘Hamas vehicle used by flaming kite launchers’; 12 rockets fired from Gaza The Israeli army said it attacked Hamas positions in the Strip as twelve rockets were fired into Israel, three of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system
- 18 June, 2018 Overnight flare-up: IDF strikes Hamas targets, rockets fired from Gaza Three rockets fired toward Israel from the Strip early Monday morning after Israel attacks over flaming kites
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 17 June, 2018 Fourth Gaza strike: Israel goes on the attack against Palestinians launching burning balloons Air force targeted 'car of cell leader' in early morning hours, followed by group who allegedly sent burning kites into Israel, and additional group who sent incendiary balloons