Israel’s internal security agency confirms it briefly detained Reza Aslan, saying he ‘raised suspicion’ when arriving at the border crossing but denying he was questioned about his politics.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 15 August, 2018 Reza Aslan tells Haaretz his interrogation was political; Israel denies, says he ‘behaved suspiciously’ Reza Aslan says he was asked about his views of Netanyahu by Israeli interrogator; Shin Bet denies the Iranian-born author was threatened
- 28 December, 2016 Shin Bet arrests Hamas ‘tunnels official’ after crossed border into Israel Bilal Razineh, a member of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades for the past 10 years, arrested last month; Bilal, brother of the head of Hamas’s internal security apparatus in the North Gaza, provided interrogators with information on tunnel routes.
- 30 July, 2018 Israeli author questioned by Shin Bet at Ben-Gurion airport over involvement in leftist groups Moriel Rothman-Zecher, who lives in the U.S., says his interrogator told him he should think of their conversation as a warning: 'It's a slippery slope'
- 14 August, 2018 Lieberman: ‘If Gaza calm prevails, crossing will be reopened’ After situation assessment with IDF chief, National Security Advisor, Shin Bet official and COGAT, defense minister announces that barring any new security incidents on the Gaza border, the Kerem Shalom will be reopened Wednesday at 9am.